- June 4, 2019
- Posted by: sunil
- Category: QuickBooks
Do you face the Quickbooks 6000 77 error in your company file? Let’s me tell you, don’t worry for the Quickbooks error 6000 77 because occurring an error is not a huge issue, but unable to shut out the problem is a big issue. Here in this blog, we represent to introducing the users to all the ways in which they can fix QuickBooks error 6000 -77. Read and learn the complete guidance of this error.
Quickbooks software is one of the most popular accounting software which has been completely changed the way of business by managing the accounts department and its various sections. The availability of cloud and premise in Quickbooks helps the business to reach in the next level. However, along with so many features, it has some misses. Sometimes it shows the Quickbooks users to trap them in a hallucination like poping-up of error messaging to stop the work. Quickbooks error 30159, quickbooks error 6123, error 6144 82 are some examples of Quickbooks error. Quickbooks error 6000 77 is one of the Quickbooks payroll errors which occurs when the company file is stored in an improper folder.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 6000 77:
- Blocking of security software while using the QB in a multi-user mode.
- Attempting of Quickbooks to open the company file through a mapped drive.
- Improper folder permission for the folder that keeps the Quickbooks company file inside.
- Lack of sufficient consent to the server system.
- Un update of windows or Quickbooks
- Damaging of documents in QuickBooks.
Resolving procedures of Quickbooks Error 6000 77:
Restart the Quickbooks software:
- In most of the cases, the error gets removed after restarted of software or system and does not require a further workaround to solve the error.
Run the Quickbooks File Doctor:
- Another way to remove the error from QB is: Downloading of ‘Quickbooks File Doctor’ tool.
- Quickbooks file doctor has the ability to fix the damaged Quickbooks file.
- Download the Quickbooks file doctor and install it.
- You can download it easily from the official site of Intuit.
Get the company file on External Media:
- If your company file is stored in an external storage device then move it to the local or network drive.
- After that, open the Quickbooks company file in QB.
Fix the firewall setting:
- For a short time or for temporary uninstall the firewall on the computer hosting the Company file the computer trying to access the company file.
- To check the error is remove or not, open the QB and company file. If the company file opens successfully then configure the internet security and firewall for updates.
Use the UNC path rather of the mapped drive:
- Navigate towards the Quickbooks icon and right-click on it from your desktop.
- Hold the ‘Ctrl’ key from your keyboard and select the ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Unless you have a company open window, hold down the Ctrl key.
- Remember that holding down of Ctrl key is to avoid the Quickbooks Desktop from auto-opening of a company file in desktop.
- As respectively as select the ‘File’ menu>Open or Restore Company>Open a Company File>Next.
- From the left panel select the ‘Network’ option and navigate towards the company file.
- You may need to set the folder permission, in the case of, if you are unable to find the folder where your company file is saved.
- And lastly, click on the ‘Company File’ and open it.
Update and re-generate the corrupted damage file:
- There is another way to fix the Quickbooks error 6000 77 on the Quickbooks version.
- Let’s start with the other method, create a new folder in C drive of your computer.
- Open the folder from the old file where the company file is saved.
- Search for the .qbw file from the folder.
- Copy that file and paste it in the new folder to open it.
- Set the window on the Access Permission to share the company file.
- Then open the Quickbooks Desktop and open the file from a new place.
Rename the .ND and .TLG files:
- This process is an effective process to shut out the Quickbooks error 6000 77 immediately.
- It will help you to configure the files that allow the QB Desktop to access the company files in a multi-user mode.
- Opening Quickbooks Desktop in .ND or .TLG files can cause a huge error, so rename these files.
- Renaming files does not lead any data loss because whenever you open or scan your company file using the Quickbooks database server manager, the files will automatically reproduced.
- Let’s start the process by starting the computer.
- Select the folder from the computer and click on your company file.
Default Location is: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\Quickbooks\Company Files
- Search the file with the same name as your company file, but with the extension.
- Right click on the .nd/.tlg file and select the ‘Rename’ option.
- Add ‘.old’ in the file extension and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
Open a sample file:
- You can also try the method of opening a sample file to fix the error.
- In this method, go to the ‘No Company Open folder and just try to select the ‘ Open A Sample File’ option.
- After that, select the file from the list.
Hope this blog will give you the proper and suitable information regarding the Quickbooks error 6000 77. Further, if you getting any problem related to this error or regarding the Quickbooks then you can contact our Quickbooks customer service team through the Quickbooks support number for a fast and best solution.