- June 28, 2019
- Posted by: sunil
- Category: QuickBooks
Quickbooks accounting software is trustable and safety accounting software for its high-security features. Safety is an important aspect of Quickbooks to keep all the information with the full of confidence. But sometimes we need to change Quickbooks password due to the fear of cyber-hacking and for other reasons to secure our Quickbooks account. This blog is about rebuilding or reset Quickbooks password as an admin and other users in Quickbooks desktop. So read this blog and follow the guidelines to reset the QB password, you can also get help from our Quickbooks ProAdvisor team through our Quickbooks support number.
Why password is essential for Quickbooks (QB)?
- Password makes the account safe.
- Provides safety for all the company data and information.
- Provides safety to secure the records from any malware or fraud.
- The account section will stay permanently without any data loss.
- The transactions will be safe due to password in Quickbooks.
Some manual tips before creating or resetting a password:
- If you want to create or reset a strong password for the account security then read the below tips:
- Do not use space in the password.
- Try to use at least 7 characters with letters, numbers, and special characters, uppercase letter.
- If you are an admin and trying to log into the account then it will ask only for password.
- If you are not an admin and trying to log in to the account then it will ask for both user ID, and password.
Procedures to reset Quickbooks password:
Split the admin password through the Quickbooks password reset tool:
- To split the admin password of Quickbooks account first, you have to download the Quickbooks password reset tool.
- After downloading the password reset tool choose your Quickbooks version.
Then register in the Quickbooks account and enter the Quickbooks license number that you have and fill out
- the business information.
- After that, click on the ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Read the license agreement and agree on it.
- After doing this, if you get a message that the provided information is not matching then log in to the Intuit account and ensure that all the informations ( email address, license number, mailing address, zip code, phone number, user name) are correct.
- Run the ‘Automated Password Reset tool’ and check your mail for a OTP.
- Enter the number and select the version of Quickbooks from the Quickbooks desktop product.
- Select the company file which you want to set a password from the ‘Browse from company file’ section.
- Then set a new password, and confirm it.
- And at the end, click on the ‘Reset Password’ to complete the process.
Reset Quickbooks password without the help of password reset tool:
To reset Quickbooks password without the help of password reset tool, you have to follow the below procedures:
- Open the company files and select the ‘Company’.
- Click on the ‘Set up Users and password’ option from the ‘Company’ section.
- Now you can see a current password field, enter the present password in the field.
- Then a enter a new password in the new password field and click ‘Ok’.
Use the security questions to reset the password:
- Click the ‘I forgot my password’.
- Then answer the security questions and click on the ‘OK’ option.
- After that, you will get a message just click on the ‘Close’ option.
- Change the Quickbooks password after opening the window.
- Enter a new challenge question and a new password, and click on the ‘ok’ option.
Reset the admin password by using a reset code:
- At first, go to the ‘Automatic Password Reset Tool’ to change the admin password.
- Login to the Quickbooks company file as the administrator.
- Then choose the user name whose password you want to change from the ‘Company Menu’ section.
- Click on the ‘Edit User’ option, enter a new password in the field, and click ‘Next’.
- Again select ‘Next’ and lastly click on the ‘Finish’ option.
Hope this blog can help you to reset Quickbooks password in different ways. Further, you getting any hassle to follow these steps then get support from our Quickbooks customer service through the Quickbooks support phone number.