- October 10, 2017
- Posted by: wp
- Category: Uncategorized
What’re New & Improved Features in QuickBooks Desktop 2018
QuickBooks Desktop 2018 Features
- Multi-Monitor Support
- Past Due Stamp
- Search in the Chart of Accounts
- Cash/Accrual Toggle on Reports
- Copy/Paste line item shortcut
- Additional columns for inventory valuation summary and inventory stock status reports
- Secure E-mail Support
- Stay logged in preference
- Payroll Liability Flag
It wasn’t easy to work on both monitors at the same time with the same QuickBooks file. But now in QuickBooks 2018 version, these very interesting features have been added which make it possible to work with multiple monitors. To enable multi-monitor support, click on view menu then switch to multi-monitor mode.
Invoice Past Due Stamp
If you resent copies of past-due invoices to your customers, this feature makes it clear that they are past due. But this feature only displays on the viewing copy of QuickBooks Invoices, when you turn on this feature.
Steps to turn on this Feature
- Go to the Create Invoices.
- Select the Formatting.
- Select the templates.
- Select Edit Templates and then Click.
- After that, check the “Print Past Due stamp”.
Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks 2018
You can easily find and select a chart of account or sub-account by typing an account number, account name or partial words of an account name. Steps to access this feature
- Go to the lists.
- Select the chart of accounts.
- Search using the search box at the left top of the chart of accounts list.
- Type any portion of an account name or number.
- Click on blue search button.
Cash-Accrual Report Toggle
Users can easily toggle displayed reports between Cash or Accrual basis. After this feature, now you can easily change your accounting basis is easier than ever.
Inventory Report Enhancements
You can easily add or remove columns to our most important inventory reports within QuickBooks Premier and QuickBooks Enterprise. It provides valuation summary, inventory valuation detail, inventory status by item reports and an Assembly shortage by item report in QuickBooks Enterprise.
It involves securely while sending of emails from Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail, MSN and Windows Live accounts through QuickBooks. Steps to use this feature are
- Click on menu bar.
- Click edit.
- Select Preferences.
- Choose to Send forms.
- Then click on My preferences.
- Select the Web-mail option.
- Then choose.
- Select the “Use enhanced security” setting during the setup.
Stay Logged in Preference
Users can keep QuickBooks logged in so they don’t have to enter a user id and password every time when they open or switch company files. To configure this feature
- Go to the company.
- Select manage login settings.
- Select the “Keep user logged in for…”.
- Select specify the login period.
Mobile inventory scanner support
Users can save time, reduce human error, make better business decisions by having reliable, real-time inventory data, shrink labour cost etc. How to install and use this application as follows
- Users have to install the QuickBooks Desktop Warehouse mobile app on your Android device
- Wirelessly connect mobile bar code device to the QuickBooks Enterprise with Advanced history
- Create a vendor record for each warehouse picker
Quickly merge duplicate vendors
Users can easily merge duplicate vendor names through the new merge duplicate vendors feature which allows you to easily combine up to four vendors, consolidate all transactions to a master vendor and update information as needed.
Before merging vendors, you need to make sure that
- Your company files are in single user mode.
- You are NOT using an Accountant’s Copy File(.QBA).
- Multi-Currency is NOT turned on.
- The vendors you are merging are NOT: tax authorities, Tax exempt, Paid through Online Banking, Direct Deposit Vendors.
Steps to Merge Vendors
- Access the Merge Vendors window.
- Select vendors to be merged then click.
- Select a Master Vendor then click.
- Click on Yes on the confirmation prompt.
- Click on OK on the merge complete window.
New Feature of barcode scanning in QuickBooks Enterprise 2018
Its ability to work with remote devices. For example a barcode scanner. Whenever you need to scan any item, you need not necessarily be connected directly to your desktop or laptop. This feature will be available for U.S user only.
Security Updates of QuickBooks 2018
Security is the very first thing which comes in our mind while dealing with any software especially.
Previous year Intuit has brought up QuickBooks Desktop Security Update Hullaballoo for which user need to have a complex password. This year following update has been in the form of security updates.
Changes for QuickBooks Add-ons
If in previously installed version any third party app has integrated with QuickBooks in the background mode; it may have to change additional preference setting in the app to keep using it with QuickBooks.
Note:-If you want to know more then dial our QuickBooks Support Number.